Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Wednesday, 20 April 2005 - A beautiful ball of yarn

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a beautiful ball of yarn.

During the past few months, I've found new sources on the Internet for the extra-bulky, thick and thin wool yarn I use to knit my signature chunky scarves. The handspun and hand-dyed fibers are fun, fanciful and gorgeous. I'm collecting skeins in a variety of colorways for my fall/winter collection.

I like buying directly from the artist and developing a strong buyer-seller relationship. To me, it's important that she knows that I will transform her work of art into something beautiful.

Here's how good Kharma finds its way into my scarves:

1. the sheep: many are bred solely for their wool; raised by compassionate people on small, family-owned farms; fibers sold to the artists.
2. the artists: bring their imagination and an incredible sense of color, balance and texture to the spinning and dyeing processes; yarn sold to the knitter.
3. the knitter (me): someone who loves beautiful yarn and strives to create simple, wearable art; scarves sold to my customers
4. my customers: the wonderful people who choose to buy and wear my unique creations; their word-of-mouth advertising keeps the sheep, the artists and me busy.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: