Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Tuesday, 19 April 2005 - A mug of hot chai tea

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a mug of hot chai tea.

After an invigorating early morning hike, T and I arrive home. The finches, perched along the eaves, serenade us with a cheery song. I stop to inspect the garden, noting new growth on several plants. T sniffs the pine mulch, perhaps catching the lingering scent of the mule deer that graze our gardens at night. The deer shouldn't find anything to eat here; I plant only deer and rabbit resistant plants in the front yard.

Although the outside air is warming up quickly, the inside of our house still wears the chill of a cool morning. So, for breakfast, I decide on something hot, spicy, and slightly sweet: my favorite chai tea brewed in soy milk.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: