Friday, April 22, 2005

Friday, 22 April 2005 - The ubiquitous dandelion

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the ubiquitous dandelion.

This week, millions of dandelions are flaunting their bright yellow tresses around town. They're easy to please - any grassy patch will do. To me, they're pesky weeds, but in other regions, they'd be soul food or key ingredients for homemade wine (`a la Ray Bradbury).

Here is my rationale: this year, if I greet them with a smile (instead of my usual grimace), maybe they'll stay away from my gardens. But, who am I kidding. The Bible says I should be be grateful in all things (not, thankfully, for all things). So I'm counting my blessings one by one as I extract another two dozen dandelions from the yard and toss them in the bucket.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen
.

No comments: