Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Tuesday, 12 April 2005 - A new haircut

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a fabulous new haircut.


Last fall, I decided to let my hair grow. With all of our outdoor pursuits during the summer, I thought it would be cooler and easier to deal with my hair by pulling it back into a ponytail. I usually wear it in a chin length bob.

But, this spring, with all the feminine clothes and floral prints appearing in the fashion magazines, I missed having a stylish coiffure. So, yesterday, I had my first haircut since September. I chose a new stylist, Michelle, who owns her own salon near the downtown shopping district. Using a comb and razor, she quickly shaped my sad looking locks into a modern look that suits my face, personality and lifestyle. I feel fifteen years younger (i.e., like a 35-something woman versus a 51-year old woman). Now, I wish the gray hair that's sprouting all over my scalp would change back to its original dark brown color!

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: