Saturday, January 29, 2005

Saturday, 29 January 2005 - Our snowy Saturday

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for our snowy Saturday.

Just when I thought spring's visit would last for a while, winter returned in a hurry, delivering a snowstorm. This time, to my garden's delight, it's an Albuquerque low bringing wet, sticky flakes. The storm's a day early, upsetting my husband's plans for a bicycle ride at the Air Force Academy with his riding buddy. T and I didn't change our morning routine and enjoyed a refreshing hike along the trail. On several stretches, we were the first beings to disturb the snowy path. We also noticed sets of canine tracks unaccompanied by human steps - must be the local coyote pack heading home after a busy Friday night.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: