Friday, January 28, 2005

Friday, 28 January 2005 - An early morning start

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the early morning start.

Surprise! I got up at 4:30 AM. This is a magic hour for me. When I was in my 20s and a long distance runner, I went to bed by 9:30 PM and awoke every day to train at 4:30 AM. Of course, I wasn't married then and didn't own a distraction creating television set. I was, however, very disciplined with my schedule, religiously listened to at least three Public Radio stations, didn't own a car, sewed nearly all my clothes, and read lots of books (you have lots of prime reading time when you take the bus to work). My whole life revolved around my budding career and running.

Things are different now. I am much older, married, watch more TV than I should, and no longer run although I exercise daily. And, I am not as disciplined with my schedule, probably because I do not have a job that requires me to be in the office at a specific time. Nevertheless, I need to work on this aspect of my life so I can build a better structure for my day.

For this blessing, I am very grateful.

Amen.

No comments: