Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday, 30 November 2006 - Signs of normalcy

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for signs of normalcy.

Diet: The Thanksgiving turkey, side dishes and pumpkin pies are nearly gone. I'm letting S finish them off while I return to my sparer diet of salads, soups, oatmeal, juice, green tea and fresh fruit.


Exercise: With winter fast approaching, I can't count on rock climbing to help me maintain my climbing weight of 105 pounds. So, it's back to weights, medicine balls, boxing, Pilates, Callanetics, balance ball routines and snow shoveling. If the weather cooperates, we'll visit the high country to snowshoe and cross country ski.

If I can manage these two areas of my life, then the impending holiday stress won't upset my life too much. Plus, T won't let me get away with missing a walk or hike. For him, business-as-usual means two-a-days in the park!

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.
Photo: Garden of the Gods (taken 10.27.06) - A favorite photo - I was fascinated by the way the tree and its shadow created an interesting and complex image against the rock formation.

No comments: