Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday, 09 November 2006 - True charity

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for true charity.

Charity sees the need not the cause.

~German Proverb

Do not withhold good from those
to whom it is due,
when it is in your power to do it.
Do not say to your neighbor,
"Go, and come again,
tomorrow I will give it" -
when you have it with you.
~Proverbs 3:27-28

When a someone needs help, I try to give from my heart. However, my mind has been known to question the cause.

So, I am deeply humbled by truly charitable people and organizations that see the need and not the cause.
Note that I did not include the church as a truly charitable entity. I know too many people who have sought help from a church (including the mega ones) only to be judged and shamed by their requests.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


Photo: Red Rock Canyon - duck pond, blue skies and snowcapped Pikes Peak

No comments: