Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday, 02 November 2006 - A nut brown ale, please

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a glass of beer (as long as it's a nut brown ale because I don't like "hoppy" brews - can't stand the bitter aftertaste).

Draft beer, not people. ~Author Unknown


First, let me set the record straight. I am not a beer-lover even though I'm a member of Old Chicago's Hall of Foam (I managed to finish one World Beer Tour soon after we moved to Colorado). My husband, S, is the real deal - an authentic beer connoisseur (he finished three Tours and, once upon a time, actually brewed his own beer).

When I drink, I prefer red wine (usually a Shiraz or Merlot), homemade Irish cream liquor (my own recipe), or margaritas made with premium tequila (again, my own recipe).

But, when we're socializing with our cycling and climbing buddies, microbrews are the beverages du jour. Plus, beer tastes great with homemade pizza, grilled brats, buffalo burgers, sushi and football.

One nut brown ale, please.

Amen.

No comments: