Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday, 13 November 2006 - High tech fabrics

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for high tech fabrics.

Prior to living in Colorado, I wore clothes made primarily from natural, organic fibers - cotton, linen, silk, wool. I also made most of my clothes so I had complete control over my fabric choices.


Now, we deal with wildly unpredictable weather regardless of the season. And, our love of outdoor activities means we're dealing with the elements year round. My sports wardrobe now includes tops, bottoms, socks and jackets made from high tech fabrics.

On the coldest and wettest days, I'm wearing Capilene, WindPro Polarfleece and Gore-Tex. On the hottest days, I'm wearing Coolmax, Supplex and Drylete. My hiking boots keep my feet dry with their Gore-Tex lining. And, on in-between days, I prefer to wear clothes made from fabrics blended with a little Lycra (for better fit and comfort).

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: