Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday, 11 August 2008 - Shopping choices

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for shopping choices.

Fresh popcorn is our snack of choice ... hot, lightly drizzled with oil, salted. So, when our popper suddenly died, I immediately looked for a new one.

The last time we replaced the appliance, I discovered that Wal-Mart was the only local store that carried the highly-rated Presto model we preferred. On any given day, I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague. But, that year, I reluctantly bit the bullet and shopped at Wal-Mart.

This time, I was willing to give Wal-Mart about $20.00 worth of business, mainly for expediency's sake. Then Wal-Mart blundered, big time.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Wal-Mart told its employees not to vote for Barack Obama (whose candidacy I support) and other pro-worker candidates who support the Employee Free Choice Act. Electioneering is a corporate no-no.

Anyway, with my trip to Wal-Mart cancelled, I ordered a new Presto popcorn popper on Amazon.com (had to buy a book to earn free shipping, but I'm not complaining). Both items should arrive in about a week. Will be well worth the wait.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: