Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Tuesday, 11 October 2005 - Life's possibilities

Dear God:

Today I am thankful for life’s possibilities.

As I check the weather report for the tenth time this morning (a habit I acquired after living just a few weeks in Colorado), the following words jump out at me: Visibility: Unlimited.

I know that the words refer to the degree of the sky's haziness, but somehow, they mean more to me this morning.

Yes, it's a beautiful, clear morning. The kind of morning that always follows a severe winter storm. The kind of morning that makes one elated to be alive. The kind of morning that makes me glad that I did not venture out into yesterday's nasty blizzard (except to walk, T, of course).

So, this morning, as T and I walk briskly in the park, I look all around me – sky, setting moon, mountain, foothill, valley, grass, houses, trees, meadow, rising sun, birds – yes, I have unlimited visibility this hour.

But there’s more. Much more.

Epiphany: my life has unlimited possibilities, even at my age (well, maybe 51 isn’t that old).


People say this all the time, but it usually goes in one ear and out the other. The words must touch your heart and soul before you can claim it as your destiny. That is what has happened to me. I now own unlimited possibilities.

My mind quickly lists all the things I want to do, need to do, should do, could do. Each “thing” requires a bit of me – an idea, dream, talent, passion, word, recipe, memory, weakness, experience, song, heartbeat, prayer – something that only I can provide.


The scary thing is that each one is doable. I'm no longer in the "getting ready to do it" mode - the final countdown has begun and lift-off is iminent.

Visibility: Unlimited
Life’s possibilities: Endless

I think I’ll sit awhile on the park bench and contemplate the future.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: