Saturday, October 22, 2005

Saturday, 22 October 2005 - Bike swap

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the annual bike swap in Denver.

My husband, S, and his cycling buddies have anticipated this event for months. All summer long, they've added items to their wish lists. This year, S is also looking for parts for the bikes owned by the neighborhood boys. He has become the local "bike man" to many of the young cyclists.

The swap is the cyclist's equivalent of my favorite consignment and Ebay stores rolled into one. Not quite heaven on earth, but close!

My husband and his friends left early this morning for Denver, hoping to be among the first to inspect the merchandise. I hope that they each find the things they need the most at bargain basement prices.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: