Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thursday, 08 January 2009 - Protection

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for protection.

For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.

In their hands they shall bear you up,

Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Psalm 91: 11-12 (NKJV)

I am a Psalm 91 fan, reciting it daily as a prayer for me, S, T, my family, neighbors, friends, colleagues, acquaintances - anyone whose life I've touched. These days, uncertainty reigns and I can't take my personal well-being for granted.

Prayer helps, especially since life is taking so many of us on unpredictable roller coaster rides. I'm not scared, just extra careful and hopeful.

Daily, I ask for an extra layer of protection, just in case I fall awkwardly while climbing or stumble unexpectedly while trying to make a living.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: