Saturday, January 03, 2009

Saturday, 03 January 2009 - NFL play-offs

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the NFL play-offs - finally!

Since my all-time favorite team, the Oakland Raiders, did not make the NFL playoffs - again - I'm supporting the Indianapolis Colts - again. So, if Peyton Manning and team don't win today, the NFL season is over for me.

Now, that doesn't mean I won't follow the other play-off games or the Super Bowl. S and T will most definitely watch the games regardless of the teams (S watches football for football's sake). It does mean, however, that I will do so without my signature passion and love-hate picks (as in, I hate the Denver Broncos and I love the Colts).

So, here's to the NFL and the guts and glory of football.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: