Friday, January 09, 2009

Friday, 09 January 2009 - Caution

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for caution.

Better a thousand times careful than once dead. ~Proverb

The winter storm appeared from out of nowhere. Early morning was mild, clear and bright. With each passing hour, however, the temperature fell a few more degrees, the skies darkened one more shade of gray. Then, with one mighty blast of northerly wind, in came the blizzard.

After work, I rush to my car as wet snow pummels the area. I still have two errands to run before going home: trips to the bank and post office. The wind is so strong, the snow flies by in a horizontal path. As usual, I err on the side of caution, and go the speed limit. I don't care if others speed by me. I just want to get home safely.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: