Sunday, December 26, 2004

Sunday, December 26, 2004 - Simple things that fill my life

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the simple things that fill my life. The list includes:

-- T's wet, cold nose touching my face as he wakes me each morning,
-- the delicious crunch of snow beneath my boots as we hike along our favorite trail,
-- the panoramic view of the city from the top of the ridge,
-- the random sightings of deer, coyote, rabbits and birds among the scrub oak groves,
-- the sun's warmth on our faces after nights of sub-zero temperatures,
-- the plates of simple and healthy food like spaghetti crowned by my famous roasted tomato, shallot and garlic marinara sauce, and
-- the quiet winter evenings spent watching TV with my husband - I knit with T lying at my feet, keeping them warm.

For these simple blessings, I am grateful.

Amen
.

No comments: