Friday, December 24, 2004

Friday, December 24, 2004 - DF's cookies

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the cookies baked by our neighbor, DF, who is the best baker in the city. Yesterday, she gave us a large platter of Christmas cookies - each one a work of art so lovely to behold and delicious with a cup of freshly brewed coffee or tea.

My husband and I have been battling head and chest colds for over two weeks. As a result, I haven't baked a single Christmas cookie since neither of us craves anything except for the homemade chicken soup that I've been brewing by the potful. DF always remembers us when she bakes for her family. The doorbell rings. Surprise! H (the younger son) stands on the porch, ready to deliver a plate of her famous chocolate chip cookies.

For these yummy blessings, I am very grateful.

Amen.

No comments: