Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday, 29 October 2007 - An intriguing challenge

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for an intriguing challenge.

... focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it. ~Greg Anderson

November is National Novel Writing Month. And, while I am not a novelist, I have accepted the challenge to write a 50,000-word novel during November.

I am unsure if I can write enough - nearly 1,700 words a day. Fortunately, I have a vague storyline in mind - probably something regarding the summer's "not Larry Bird" experience. I suppose that I'll write the novel like I compose poetry. Just begin writing and see what emerges. The goal, after all, is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. Quantity, not quality wins the day.

Visit www.nanowrimo.org for more information and to sign-up.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: