Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thursday, 23 November 2006 - Thanksgiving

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a simply glorious Thanksgiving Day!


S, T and I spent the morning rock climbing in Red Rock Canyon. Then we raced home to get ready to join a small group of cycling friends for a delicious potluck turkey dinner and football (I made the cranberry sauce and sweet potato/yam side dish).

Yes, I complain about this and that and wish we had a larger bank account. But, after considering other alternatives, I am satisfied that, in my very small corner of the earth, I continue to live a rich and interesting life.

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: