Today, I am thankful for Christmas.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Ebenezer Scrooge in Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol
I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
This Christmas Day, I pause to remember some of the good things in my life:
- T is doing well.
- S and I are healthy and able to climb several times a week.
- I have a job, a wonderful manager and health insurance.
- My cup runneth over a little bit which means I can give to others less fortunate than I. My cause in 2011 is hunger in our community. I wish I could give a lot more.
- My sister, E, who, despite the distance between us, always remembers to include me in her life
- Our "family" at the climbing gym - not just the owners but all the climbers we've met who care about us
- Our Air Force Academy cadets who, as juniors and seniors, are now highly accomplished men in all areas of life.
Wishing everyone, everywhere a lovely holiday season. Merry Christmas!
For these blessings, I am very grateful.