Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - Anonymity

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for anonymity.

For 364 out of 365 days of the year, I'm relieved that I've attained non-celebrity status in the world. I am no one to nearly every person now living. And, I like that. For the remaining 24 hours - divvied up over the course of the year - I crave just a teeny bit of notoriety. Maybe someone will notice me - just for a few minutes.

One of these days, I know that I will have my proverbial day in the sun. And, my writing will be the reason for my good fortune.

Over the past few months, I've been working on ideas for new writing projects. Very exciting stuff. I guess I'm fortunate that demands on my creativity are at an all time low at work. I'm free to devote my time, imagination and energy to writing my own stories.

But then again, does anybody care?

Oh, yeah. I forgot. You do.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: