Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday, October 31, 2009 - The end of the month

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the end of the month.

It's been one of those months - the ones that try one's patience and test one's endurance. S had three surgeries, winter storms ruined too many commutes to the office, the Swine Flu epidemic kept me at home on weekends (my apologies to the local shops I regularly frequent), my dad had neurosurgery, Halloween arrived with a vengeance at work, I received a Jury Duty summons ... Yes, just another October of record.

I don't want to repeat my October experience. I want to accomplish something of note. That's why I'm starting November with two important personal goals.
  1. I will participate in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and write a 50,000 word manuscript (this means almost no TV watching - sorry Project Runway). 
  2. I will be back in the climbing gym at least 3 times a week.
There. Let the new month begin.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: