Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wednesday, 06 December 2006 - My own prayers

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for my own prayers.


God can pick sense out of a confused prayer.
~Richard Sibbes


Once upon a time, a friend of mine told me about her very busy prayer life. She claimed that she was always praying for others. That people called her all the time for prayer. That I should let her know if she could pray for me.

So, one day, I called her and asked her to pray for me. She told me that she would - tomorrow - when she had an opening. She was already booked solid that day.

And, so I learned a very humbling lesson. That I can't rely on others to intercede on my behalf when it comes to talking to You. My own prayers - confused, poorly-worded and tear-stained - must be sufficient.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen. Photo: Red Rock Canyon (October 2006)

No comments: