Sunday, December 31, 2006

Sunday, 31 December 2006 - A new chapter

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a new chapter.

New Year's eve is like every other night; there is no pause in the march of the universe, no breathless moment of silence among created things that the passage of another twelve months may be noted; and yet no man has quite the same thoughts this evening that come with the coming of darkness on other nights. ~Hamilton Wright Mabie

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.

~Edith Lovejoy Pierce


In my personal Book of Life (number of chapters unknown), the new year always arrives quietly. No fireworks or champagne toasts (although I will sip a glass of homemade Irish cream) or masquerade parties. My life prefers to move forward by heartbeats and soul steps. At midnight, I shall turnover the last page of 2006 and gaze upon the first page of 2007.

I'm not sure what stories my life will inspire in the next 365 pages. I do know this: with my hopes, dreams and passions bursting at the seams, I plan to write a masterpiece.

Wishing you a joyous, prosperous and healthy 2007!

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Red Rock Canyon ... a road less traveled that lead us to memorable climbing adventures in 2006

No comments: