Thursday, February 02, 2006

Thursday, 02 February 2006 - A mild winter

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a mild winter.

It's February 2 - Groundhog's Day. To no one's surprise, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning.

Oh well. If we were suffering through the worst winter weather in memory, I would be concerned. Instead, we're still enjoying mild, dry conditions. Six more weeks of winter. Doesn't bother me a bit as long as the current weather trend continues.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

P.S. Please remind the trees that it's still winter. I noticed leaf buds emerging along the bare limbs of every deciduous tree in the park. I cringe when I think of what might happen to the new growth during March and April. We usually get damaging spring storms complete with cold temperatures, hail, very wet and heavy snow, and ice that encases every tree branch and plant.

No comments: