Today, I am thankful for a new year.
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
~T.S. Eliot, Little Gidding
One resolution I have made, and try to always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things.
This year, I resolve:
- To be more generous than ever with my time, talents and resources
- To rid my life of clutter and excess
- To write and read more (i.e., to watch less television)
- To improve my skills every time I climb or boulder
- To be kind to everyone who crosses my path
- To rise above the little things
- To be grateful in all situations