Saturday, June 06, 2009

Saturday, 06 June 2009 - One more plant sale

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one more plant sale.

I visited the Horticultural Art Society's members only plant sale where plants leftover from the May sale are sold at cost plus sales tax. Since my gardens are already crowded, I planned to buy only a few plants - probably more edibles and herbs; maybe one large shrub.

Well, I walked away with over 3 dozen plants, nearly all tried and true favorites. The new inventory includes: Japanese greens, beets, chives, chard, chocolate mint, spearmint, red and yellow sun roses, chocolate flower, Munstead lavender, red Valerian, Reiters thyme ... and one large viburnum.

Sorry, checking account. I just couldn't resist.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: