Monday, June 01, 2009

Monday, 01 June 2009 - A new job

Note: After several months of excuses, a prolonged bout of writer's block and feelings that I didn't have anything worth saying, I've decided to resume this blog. I welcome new and old readers alike.

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful a new job and its many challenges, adventures and rewards.

(Long story short, just after last Thanksgiving Day, I began working as a seasonal warehouse employee for a catalog company. To my surprise, in January, the company hired me as a regular associate with full benefits. A few weeks ago, a position opened up in the Merchandising Department. I submitted my resume on May 18 and interviewed the next morning. On Friday, May 22, I learned two things: that I got the promotion and that I was "Employee of the Month" for April. People who know me well were not surprised by my excitement about the former and embarrassment by the latter.)

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: