Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tuesday, 02 September 2008 - FBorFW

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the comic strip, For Better or For Worst (FBorFW).

For many years, I've faithfully followed Lynn Johnson's chronicle of the Patterson family. I like comics where time moves forward, characters age and life lessons abound. So, when Ms. Johnson announced her decision to end the story on August 31 and restart the strip from the very beginning on September 1, I was sad and disappointed.

I know too much about the characters to wonder what will happen next. And, of course, I know the end of the story. Such knowledge, however, won't keep me from reading the strip. But, I won't be in a big hurry to read it daily. Perhaps catching up on weekends will suffice this time around.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's such a shame when things like that end. I read a book as a child, and I was thrilled to find that there are another 2 books in the series.