Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday, 23 July 2008 - A respite

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a respite from July's hot weather.

Someone heard my prayers. Or perhaps Mother Nature is simply responding to T's "rain" sleep.

Today, the heatwave broke. Just a little. But, just enough. It's probably a temporary breach. Still, I'm relieved.

Dark clouds poured over the mountains late morning. The first raindrops and hailstones fell around noon. Thunderstorms arrived an hour later. More rain followed.

T is a rare canine in that storms don't bother him. He's sleeping soundly in his favorite spot, oblivious to the low rumble of thunder, lightening flashes and pelting rain. I'm sure he's dreaming of his favorite cool weather days. I, too, am thinking about autumn's frosty mornings and winter's snowdrifts.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photos: Caught in the act ... early this morning, two butterflies ate breakfast in the backyard garden.

No comments: