Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday, 16 January 2008 - Personal chauffeur

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a my personal chauffeur.

It's cold this morning. I mean really, really cold. Bitterly so. Life threateningly so. I shiver just thinking about the single digit thermometer reading. I cringe as each wild, take your breath away wind gust beats against the house, dropping the wind chill index into negative numbers.

The local weather station reports that the storm has not yet reached downtown. We live along the Rocky Mountain foothills in a northwest suburb where visiting winter winds and storms often arrive early and stay late. Lucky us.

Anyway, it's time to leave the house. I'm glad that S is home and willing to be my personal chauffeur today. I could drive myself to my speaking engagement venue south of downtown, but, given the weather, I would probably arrive a complete wreck. Of course, T comes along for the ride.

The moment I step outside, the arctic air literally sucks up my body heat. I sigh. It's going to be a tough day for anyone going anywhere outdoors.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: