Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Wednesday, 02 January 2008 - Silence

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for silence.

True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment. ~William Penn

We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence.... We need silence to be able to touch souls. ~Mother Teresa

Many days,
I prefer quiet hours -
No talking, no music, no radio, no TV, no audiobooks.
Just me, my thoughts and my imagination.
A lovely silence, really.
I slip into my cocoon for private, inner conversations:
Heart to soul to mind.
Call it what you like:
Contemplation,
Meditation,
Day dreaming.
Yes, I sit here on Earth.
But, in my mind's eye,
I am two steps from
Heaven.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: