Saturday, August 04, 2007

Saturday, 04 August 2007 - Rain

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for rain.

Rain.
The good news.
The afternoon thundershowers sate my thirsty gardens, relieving me of my daily watering chores.
"After all," T asks, "how will enough water get into all those watermelons unless we get more rain?"
The storm's amazing theatrics create the day's best entertainment.
We "ooh" and "aah" as the storm unleashes its full power.
This is our 21st Colorado summer.
By listening to S and me, you might conclude that we're newcomers.
"Wow! Did you see that lightening bolt?"

Rain.
The bad news.
Our rock climbing adventures become more sporadic during the monsoon season.
Red Rock Canyon with its sandstone walls is out of the question. The Wailing Wall must wait for us a while longer.
In our search for dry, climbable rocks, we visit the local bouldering area. I practice new moves and traversals.
In a pinch, we watch climbing DVDs for mental practice and to stoke our 5.10+ dreams.
On belay.
-- Belay's on.
Climbing.
-- Climb on.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: