Saturday, December 31, 2005

Saturday, 31 December 2005 - A good 2005

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a good 2005.

What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new. Right now. ~Author Unknown

Here are some of the highlights of the year 2005:
  1. I began a new career as a self-employed consultant and actually made money.
  2. I completed one full year writing this grateful journal blog.
  3. I turned 51 years old in March while S turned 56 in October. T just turned 9 (in people years).
  4. I was able to wear my size 2 petite skinny jeans all year long.
  5. I cooked almost every meal I ate (I ate out for lunch less than 5 times; for dinner, zero times).
  6. I embarked on an aggressive internal cleansing program and can report excellent results.
  7. I found a wonderful person to cut and color my hair and began highlighting my hair again.
  8. I only missed one or two days walking with T due to intolerable weather.
  9. We finally bought a digital camera.
  10. We had to buy a new furnace and refrigerator so we bought the best ones we could afford.
  11. My xeriscape garden had a marvelous first year.
  12. We survived our coldest December ever including several sub-zero degree days.
  13. I decided that it's all right if we move to another city, state or country.
  14. I culled my wardrobe and gave away tons of "corporate" clothes to charity. Now I have to declutter the rest of the house and every corner of my life.
  15. I am very healthy, still not wealthy and definitely wiser for having lived another year.

For these many blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


No comments: