Monday, December 26, 2005

Monday, 26 December 2005 - My future

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for my future.

How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before it's afternoon.
December is here before it's June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?

~Dr. Seuss

She laughs as the merry-go-round spins under her father's power. I smile as I watch her enjoy the dizzying ride. T wants to say hello, but she's busy and we need to continue our walk around the park.

Suddenly, she notices T, points her finger at us and screams, "Puppy!" So, we stop our walk and stroll over to the little girl and her father. She pats T on his nose and giggles when he tries to kiss her.

She is a real sweetheart with curly blond hair and big blue eyes. Her dad tells me that she is 27 months old.

"A wonderful age," I remark, thinking of all the adventures that await two year-olds.

"She has her whole life ahead of her," I say to myself in a wistful and envious tone.

And, at age 51, so do I.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: