Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Wednesday, 17 August 2005 - A generous friend

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a generous friend.

My husband, S, is a bicycling fanatic (a.k.a. a "spokehead"). To the neighborhood kids, he's the "bicycle man" - the one who encourages them to ride their bikes and also adjusts and fixes their bicycles. If we had the money, we would buy each child the perfect bicycle for his/her needs. Instead, my husband is constantly looking for used bikes he can fix up.

Fortunately, he didn't have to look too far for a mountain bike for Hayden, a very talented young man who lives next door. S told his riding buddy, Rob, about his search for a used bike. Rob said that he would give his wife's older mountain bike to Hayden. My husband cleaned and adjusted the bike and gave it to Hayden tonight.

One down and many to go. Next on the list, a bike for Jamell. I'm praying for another cycling friend with a bicycle to spare.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: