Friday, December 17, 2004

Friday, December 17, 2004 - Frozen leftover turkey

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for frozen leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.

My husband, "S," caught a very bad cold on his last business trip to San Jose and came home with a horrific hacking cough and runny nose. Today, after living with his coughing for two days, I feel a bit "under the weather." So, I was relieved to open the freezer and find a bag of frozen turkey and a quart of frozen turkey stock. I put the turkey, stock and chicken broth in a large pot with sliced carrots, diced onions, two jalapeno peppers, spices, and wild rice. The concoction simmered for about an hour. Voila! We now have a delicious soup to eat as we convalesce. By the way, T (our Chocolate Lab), got to eat some soup even though he isn't sick. Yes, he is spoiled rotten.

For these yummy blessings, I am very grateful.

Amen.

No comments: