Saturday, August 06, 2011

Morning light

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for morning light.

On workdays, T usually rouses me around 4:30 AM when he gets up to reposition himself on his sleeping blanket. My clock is set for a 5:05 AM wake-up call, so for the next half-hour, I lie in bed anticipating the alarm's "ding-ding-ding". In other words, T goes back to sleep while I hover in a half-asleep/half-awake state.

Occasionally, I give in and just get up. An early start never hurts even though I've slept for less than 6 hours.

Last Thursday morning was such an occasion. I arose earlier than normal and happily spent some of the extra time in my backyard garden.

The sun's rays barely cleared the fence top. The soft light fell gently across different plants, creating interesting flower portraits. Fortunately, I had my camera with me. Here are three of my favorite photos from that morning's shoot.

This sunflower faces east, catching a few rays of early morning sunlight.

The early morning light illuminates this Cleome. Blodgett Peak towers in the background

Cleome stand tall in front of the old cedar fence. The string bean-like structures are seed pods

 For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: