Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday, 17 March 2010 - Last days of winter

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the last days of winter.

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens

Daily, my gardens remind me that it's time to prepare the plots for a new growing season. I vow to begin the chores only if the sun is shining and it's warm enough to break a sweat. And I don't mean a few hours of glorious weather on a Saturday morning followed by several days of freezing temperatures and wet snow.

I really want a lovely spring this year, maybe even an extraordinary one. Not for me, but for T and for my dad. I fear that Spring 2010 may be their last.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: