Friday, January 02, 2009

Friday, 02 January 2009 - Clean toys

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for clean toys.

A new year's ritual.
Giving T's toys a bath.
Not his choice, of course.
T prefers that his treasures carry a certain Labrador retriever scent.
I'm the picky one. I'm the Mom, after all.

T's toys form one large pile on the carpet. Here's a quick inventory:

1 - large Lambie-doodle
1 - small Lambie-doodle
1 - Snoopy toy
1 - rope with Christmas colors
2 - chickens
1 - pheasant
1 - duck
1 - canvas football
1 - furry football
1 - loopy furry toy
1 - fur covered tennis ball with squirrel-like tail
1 - gorilla (one oversized tennis ball covered in black fur)

I think that's about it for this load. I also add T's padded fleece bed and favorite blanket.

About 90 minutes later, I remove the toys from the dryer and present them to T. He's not happy, warily sniffing the clean items, giving me his "what have you done to my things" look.

By the end of the day, things will be back to normal. T will have reclaimed his toys and forgiven me for my dastardly mother deed.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: