Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sunday, 02 April 2006 - A springtime prayer

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a springtime prayer.

Lord of the springtime,
Father of flower, field and fruit,
smile on us in these earnest days when the work is heavy and the toil wearisome;
lift up our hearts, O God, to the things worthwhile--
sunshine and night,
the dripping rain,
the song of the birds,
books and music,
and the voices of our friends.
Lift up our hearts to these this night and grant us Thy peace.
Amen.
~W.E.B. Du Bois

I see that the Finch family is building a nest in the Christmas wreath that hangs on our front door. I don't know if this is the same family that nested here in 2004 and 2005. The nest is still a very messy tangle of twigs and leaves, probably gathered from my garden.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: